How many times have we heard lose weight? Easier said than done, right?
- Insulin Resistance: Insulin is an important hormone that is responsible for metabolizing glucose or dealing with sugar in our blood stream. It transports sugar to the muscles and if the body has more glucose than is needed, insulin is involved in the process of storing it as fat should we need it later.
- Slow Metabolism: Women with PCOS have also been found to have a slower metabolic rate. In recent research women without PCOS need about 1870 calories per day while those with PCOS suggested calorie intake is 1445 per day, those with insulin resistance need less.
- Appetite Control: This means women with PCOS will feel hungry, even if they have eaten all the appropriate things and calories they need for the day.
Thankfully, though, this isn’t the end of the story and there are some things we can do to help us lose weight. I’ll get to that in the next blog post.
This may seem hopeless but I do want to encourage you! Yes, losing weight is important in managing the symptoms of PCOS, but it isn’t an easy road. Our journey to weight loss is REAL and shared by thousands of other women who also have PCOS and on their #GetFit Life Journey.
A simple dish that can get you on to a good start. CHICKEN STIR-FRY (I added almonds)
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite–sized pieces
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin half–moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Cook rice according to box directions.
- While rice is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken; when cooked through, set chicken aside.
- Sautee garlic, onions, and bell pepper for about 5 minutes, then add the carrots and broccoli and sauté a few minutes more (until the broccoli is hot but not wilted).
- Add chicken back to the skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve ½ cup of warm brown rice topped with the chicken mixture.
Makes 6 servings
Thanks for reading!
💋 💪 👣 💖
Follow me everything Social Media
Facebook: Tammy Mullings