I completed my goal of 3,000 steps in the Goal Day challenge! I finished with 7,005 STEPS! #Fitbit
- Repeat Affirmations: Affirm that you can do what you want, repeatedly, until it sticks. When you have an important meeting to attend or phone call to make, before you leave or call repeat, “I know what I’m doing.” or “I will make a great impression” or “It will all work out for me.” The more you say an affirmation, the more it will sink in and become true for you. Repeat a positive one until you believe it! Create your own affirmation.
- Build Self-Appreciation: Self-esteem that’s based on external achievements doesn’t last! Take inventory of your good qualities and allow those to shine bright. Often what you hate blinds you to your great attributes. Become aware of yours by looking for them (ask loved ones for suggestions) and writing them down just to impress yourself.
- No One is Perfect: Accept that no one, including you, is perfect or completely secure. Stop holding yourself to higher standards than others. Striving to be perfect disempowers you. If you wait for perfection to feel good about yourself it will never happen. Since perfection is impossible, you’ll always be going after it and feeling low for not getting it. REPEAT THIS AND REMEMBER IT: “I accept myself for my imperfections.” Embrace yourself for who you are and if you’re battling with your body images, remember that; “I’m More Than My Curves”.
- Take Responsibility: Take responsibility for your thoughts. It’s YOUR choice to accept criticism from others as YOUR perception of who you are. Allowing criticism from others to take over your thoughts always reflects in your behavior. You can either let the criticism consume your life or ignore the damn thang!
“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Kindness: Always consciously kinder to YOU! The more you do for you, the better you’ll feel. With each act of kindness, the better you will make yourself feel. It helps you focus on you and believe that you deserve good. Give yourself a break when you’re tired. Take a nap! Take a bubble bath! Get a massage! Buy that pair of shoes you’ve wanted, or that dress you saw in Macy’s. Self-kindness will blossom into self-love from which self-empowerment will grow. You deserve to be treated with kindness!
- Good Posture: That’s easy to fake! Standing tall is a great habit. Straightening your stance feels better physically. I initially developed good posture while working out at the gym and while walking to avoid pains and any discomfort. And, I felt more confident by standing tall, arching my shoulders and holding my head high. Your stance (swag & ‘tude) makes a statement. Set the tone for the people’s perception of you. Good Posture makes you look and feel more powerful!
Helen Keller said, “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”
- Pep Talks: Give them to yourself! Affirm in a mirror that you’re ENOUGH. Recite your best qualities to yourself. Support YOU as you would support others. When you have doubt, repeat “You can do it” until you calm down.
Tell yourself how awesome you are. It’s always best to take a positive approach.
- Stop Negative Self-Talk: Stop that “I can’t lose weight,” “People won’t listen to what I have to day,” “they won’t support my Scopes,” etc. Send those negative affirmations straight to hell. Pay attention to the self-defeating thoughts you have. Try being POSITIVE ALWAYS! It makes a huge difference in your spirit.
Talk to yourself like you would to your best friend, not someone you don’t like.
- Support: Create an awesome support circle. Partner with someone who’s also trying to improve. Talk daily and make one another accountable. Call when you’re having a bad day. We benefit from helping one another. Be open to unwarranted pep talks and advice or self help.
- Let Go: Rid yourself of negative people. We absorb other people’s negativity. Avoid toxic people! If you must keep one in your life, limit the time you spend with them.
ALWAYS Speak with Conviction!
Remember, always EMPOWER YOURSELF FIRST! Otherwise, you won’t be able to help or empower others.
We Are More Than Our Curves
Thanks for reading!
💋 💪 👣 💖
Follow My Social Media
Facebook: Tammy Mullings
Autumn is upon us and for most of the world you will notice small changes happening around us.
Well, being from South Florida you won’t really see those changes. But, it doesn’t mean that there isn’t a newness upon us.
I say that to say… when you are on your life journey or you are working towards a goal; DON’T GIVE UP because you don’t see any changes. You just have to stay the course.
During my #GetFit Life Journey, I have encountered many road blocks and temptations along the way. But, this is something that I have to and want to do and I refuse to LOSE!
So what are you going to do in your HARVEST TIME?
Remember, NEW SEASON, NEW OPPORTUNITIES! ! !
Thank you for reaching!
Ms. Tammy 💋 💪 👣 💖
Often times we don’t take notice to what we are putting in our bodies. Since, starting my #GetFit Life Journey I try to take pictures of every meal that I eat throughout the day.
People say; “OMG! Why?” For TWO REASONS on why I do what I do. Because #1. I want to remember the moment; especially if it was amazing food. #2. So that I can hold myself accountable for what’s on my plate. We have to hold ourselves, for something as important as living a healthier lifestyle.
If I didn’t do so well, I could always go back to my pictures and see exactly what I did incorrectly and make any necessary changes that would make a difference for the next time I got on the scale (don’t be afraid of the scale, I’ll talk about that in another post soon).
There are many things that we like and want to eat, but NOT necessary what we should eat. On that special day, when you want a taste of soda or that piece of cake. 🙂
So, here are a few things that I consume (we) should try to consume more of in our daily menu and eating habits. Things such as (be sure to try something new ONCE A WEEK):
FRUIT: ALL kinds, just be sure to eat in moderation because fruits have natural sugar… some more than others.
VEGGIES: green leafs (Spinach, Collard Greens (NO PORK), kale, broccoli, squash, carrots, and many other veggie options out there to try AT LEAST ONCE!
GRAINS: Brown Rice, Quinoa, Wheat Pasta, Veggie Pasta, wheat Bread, Sandwich Thins, Wraps and many more options in all grocery stores.
BEVERAGES: WATER, WATER, WATER, Green Tea (hot or cold), Crystal Light, Tonic Water (regular or with flavor) and all of these options are very REFRESHING and low in fat and calories.
NOW, it’s your turn! What’s in YOUR PLATE and what does it look like?
We have to start thinking of better food options. I am not saying that MY #GetFit Journey has been easy! Oh hell NO! But, because this is something that I know want and I am sick and I tired– I’m going to get it done! So JOIN ME!
For daily inspiration and motivation, follow me on IG or Twitter: mssassydiva or Facebook & IG: beyondthecurves
I hope that I can and will inspire just one person and my hard work will have been all worth the sweat and tears.
A few yummy bites from last week and this week so far, were things like: Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken, Oatmeal, Watermelon, Hot Tea, Curry Chicken, Broccoli, Chicken Tacos, Chicken or Turkey Wraps, Veggie burger w/ turkey bacon and the works and Guacamole and Chips (I always have a FUN, FILLING AND EXCITING MENU).
Click Here: My Yummy Bites
Thanks for reading!
Ms. Tammy 💋 💪 👣 💖
Hello Dolls & Gents!!!
As, I continue my #GetFit journey… I try to mix up things and not get bored. Since, I am easily bored I try to do something new everyday.
So, I have been walking and I am making great strides to increase my distance and keep up a steady pace. So, in an effort to shake things up… I ordered a jump rope two weeks ago and I broke it out yesterday. IT WAS HILARIOUS! And, considering that I have jumped rope since God knows how long. LOL 🙂
Well, with my Mom behind the camera and my determination — I just went for it. I will be getting back on the rope later this week. Just have to be easy on your joints when doing rigorous exercises.
Well, here’s a little clip of me in action on yesterday!!!