- Repeat Affirmations: Affirm that you can do what you want, repeatedly, until it sticks. When you have an important meeting to attend or phone call to make, before you leave or call repeat, “I know what I’m doing.” or “I will make a great impression” or “It will all work out for me.” The more you say an affirmation, the more it will sink in and become true for you. Repeat a positive one until you believe it! Create your own affirmation.
- Build Self-Appreciation: Self-esteem that’s based on external achievements doesn’t last! Take inventory of your good qualities and allow those to shine bright. Often what you hate blinds you to your great attributes. Become aware of yours by looking for them (ask loved ones for suggestions) and writing them down just to impress yourself.
- No One is Perfect: Accept that no one, including you, is perfect or completely secure. Stop holding yourself to higher standards than others. Striving to be perfect disempowers you. If you wait for perfection to feel good about yourself it will never happen. Since perfection is impossible, you’ll always be going after it and feeling low for not getting it. REPEAT THIS AND REMEMBER IT: “I accept myself for my imperfections.” Embrace yourself for who you are and if you’re battling with your body images, remember that; “I’m More Than My Curves”.
- Take Responsibility: Take responsibility for your thoughts. It’s YOUR choice to accept criticism from others as YOUR perception of who you are. Allowing criticism from others to take over your thoughts always reflects in your behavior. You can either let the criticism consume your life or ignore the damn thang!
“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Kindness: Always consciously kinder to YOU! The more you do for you, the better you’ll feel. With each act of kindness, the better you will make yourself feel. It helps you focus on you and believe that you deserve good. Give yourself a break when you’re tired. Take a nap! Take a bubble bath! Get a massage! Buy that pair of shoes you’ve wanted, or that dress you saw in Macy’s. Self-kindness will blossom into self-love from which self-empowerment will grow. You deserve to be treated with kindness!
- Good Posture: That’s easy to fake! Standing tall is a great habit. Straightening your stance feels better physically. I initially developed good posture while working out at the gym and while walking to avoid pains and any discomfort. And, I felt more confident by standing tall, arching my shoulders and holding my head high. Your stance (swag & ‘tude) makes a statement. Set the tone for the people’s perception of you. Good Posture makes you look and feel more powerful!
Helen Keller said, “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”
- Pep Talks: Give them to yourself! Affirm in a mirror that you’re ENOUGH. Recite your best qualities to yourself. Support YOU as you would support others. When you have doubt, repeat “You can do it” until you calm down.
Tell yourself how awesome you are. It’s always best to take a positive approach.
- Stop Negative Self-Talk: Stop that “I can’t lose weight,” “People won’t listen to what I have to day,” “they won’t support my Scopes,” etc. Send those negative affirmations straight to hell. Pay attention to the self-defeating thoughts you have. Try being POSITIVE ALWAYS! It makes a huge difference in your spirit.
Talk to yourself like you would to your best friend, not someone you don’t like.
- Support: Create an awesome support circle. Partner with someone who’s also trying to improve. Talk daily and make one another accountable. Call when you’re having a bad day. We benefit from helping one another. Be open to unwarranted pep talks and advice or self help.
- Let Go: Rid yourself of negative people. We absorb other people’s negativity. Avoid toxic people! If you must keep one in your life, limit the time you spend with them.
ALWAYS Speak with Conviction!
Remember, always EMPOWER YOURSELF FIRST! Otherwise, you won’t be able to help or empower others.
We Are More Than Our Curves
Thanks for reading!
💋 💪 👣 💖
Follow My Social Media
Facebook: Tammy Mullings